Below is an overview of SynAct Pharma’s history in brief. SynAct Pharma ApS was formed in 2012. SynAct Pharma AB, the Group’s parent company, was formed in April 2016.
- SynAct Pharma ApS is founded by Dr. Thomas Jonassen and starts operations based on acquired intellectual property rights and assets from Action Pharma A/S after Action Pharma A/S’s largest asset AP214 was sold to Abbvie Inc.
- On November 8, the Extraordinary General Meeting will be held in SynAct. The MEETING approves the Board of Directors’ resolution regarding a directed and rights issue.
- SynAct Pharma concludes toxicological, safety pharmacological and metabolism studies.
- Scientific article regarding “Mode of Action” for AP1189 is published.
- Patents are approved in Europe (patents in the US were approved in 2011).
- SynAct Pharma AB is formed.
- SynAct Pharma will receive approximately SEK 12.7 million through a private placement before issue costs.
- SynAct Pharma will receive approximately SEK 32.3 million before issue costs through a new share issue prior to listing on AktieTorget.
- SynAct Pharma’s share is listed on AktieTorget.
- SynAct Pharma finalises commitments to funding from Seed Fund CAPNOVA through one-off payment.
- SynAct Pharma submits the application for the start of a phase I clinical trial to the French Medicines Agency.
- Dr Torbjørn Bjerke joins SynAct Pharma BoD as Chairman
- Dr Thomas Jonassen joins SynAct Pharma BoD
- Start of phase I clinical study with AP1189.
- Start of preparation for phase IIa clinical study with AP1189.
- Initiates pre-clinical studies in other indications.
- Rights issue of SEK 22.4 million for expanded development program for AP1189.
- Recruitment and dosing of patients in phase IIa clinical study with the drug candidate AP1189 in patients with active
2019 arthritis begins.
- The issue of approximately SEK 30 million is carried out.
- Dr. John Haurum joins SynAct Pharma BoD
- Dr. Terje Kalland joins SynAct Pharma BoD
- SynAct Pharma investigates AP1189 in patients with COVID-19 and nephrotic syndrome.
- SynAct Pharma received approximately SEK 32.4 million in warrants of series TO 2.
- SynAct Pharma publishes positive interim data from the Phase 2 study with AP1189 in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Uli Hacksell joins SynAct Pharma BoD
- SynAct Pharma carries out a directed share issue of SEK 80 million
- SynAct Pharma publishes positive data from the Phase 2 study with AP1189 in COVID-19.
- Marina Bozilenko joins SynAct Pharma BoD