SynAct Pharma ApS was formed in 2012. SynAct Pharma AB, the group’s parent company, was formed in April 2016.
- Synact Pharma ApS is formed and starts its operations based on intellectual property rights and assets acquired from Action Pharma after Action Pharma’s biggest asset, AP214, was sold to AbbVie.
- Pharmacological studies with candidate drug AP1189 begin in collaboration with the William Harvey Research Institute (WHRI), London
- Characterisation of AP1189 begins on the basis of pharmacological, metabolic and manufacturing engineering aspects.
- Pre-clinical studies with AP1189 are discontinued.
- Scientific article regarding “Mode of Action” for AP1189 is published.
- Patents are approved in Europe (patents in the US were approved in 2011).
- SynAct Pharma AB was formed and listed on AktieTorget in July 2016.
- Production of pharmaceutical substance and pharmaceutical products for clinical phase I are finalised
- The application to initiate Clinical Phase I study with AP1189 is submitted
- Start of Phase I clinical study with AP1189.
- Start of preparation for Phase II clinical study with AP1189 in psoriatic arthritis.
- Initiated pre-clinical studies in other indications
- Financing of 22,4 m SEK
- Filling of additional patent applications
- Positive preliminary data from phase I clinical study identifying doses for clinical phase II with AP1189.
- Initiation of Phase ll sudy in RA
- BD activitities initiated